Had my appointment with the Oncologist.
Here's the Deal-e-o:
The type of tumor is an Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor +
The CT Scan revealed "Multiple, too numerous to count, bilateral pulmonary nodules measuring between 1-15 mm"...In layman's terms, they found a lot of nodules in my lungs.
I am scheduled to have an echocardiogram to make sure my heart is healthy for the chemo. I am also scheduled to have a PET scan to try to determine what those lung nodules are.
Chemo should begin Monday or Tuesday of next week. I am going to be put on Adriomycin (sp?) and Cytocin (sp?), along with Taxol and Newlasta (sp?) to increase my white blood cell count. The Adriomycin is the most potent, so it will cause hair loss (rather quickly) and decreased blood count. There is also a rare chance of heart valve damage in non-healthy hearts, hence the echocardiogram.
The PET (Positron Emission Tomography) is a special scan that allows the doctors to see where cancer cells are in my body. The theory is that cancer cells turn sugar around more quickly than regular cells, so they inject a radioactive dye that attaches to these sugars and when under the PET scan, the cancer cells kind of light up like a christmas tree.
We need to determine what these lung nodules are. Now the really bad news. If the lung nodules are found to be cancerous, it means that the cancer has metasticized and there is no cure. NO CURE. These nodules will determine whether this cancer is a Stage II or a Stage IV. All or nothing, man, there is no in between.
I can't even finish typing this. I'll write more when I can. Sorry.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
When Nicole was first diagnosed, she was at stage 4F. The tumors were large, aggressive, and had metastasized into her lungs. Nicole also took Adriomycin and Cytocin.
Cancer is a horrible, but beatable disease.
Susan LeBrun
I'm sitting here reading your blogs and it sounds so familiar--guess who u have on your side, prayers do help u no--I'm doing them.--see u soon too ANN
I'm sitting here reading your blogs and it sounds so familiar--guess who u have on your side, prayers do help u no--I'm doing them.--see u soon too ANN
Em,
For what it's worth, my very best thoughts are with you. Your one tough cookie.
Jerry
I will be thinking only positive thoughts and I know you will get through this because you are a fighter and very stubborn. You will beat it. If you don't like the attitude of a doctor find another. You need someone who is willing to do or try anything to stop the cancer.
Keep smiling!
Debbie
Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=vytorin and blood sugar ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg
Post a Comment