To have so much love and support. I just want to thank you all for taking time to read about this and to leave me comments. You will never realize how much it means to me that you guys care. When I read your posts, it makes me feel like I can do anything, with you guys by my side, I really think I can.
And Jerry, yes, it's worth a lot to me that you are thinking of me. I like cookies! :)
I got an appointment with Dana Farber, and that's set for June 8th. They recommended that I continue with the plan of starting chemo, they will re-evaluate everything when I get there. If they concur with the course of treatment, I will continue it. If they don't like it, they will have me complete that "round" and then start with their recommendations.
I am also looking into a place called the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. It was recommended by my sister. It's in Pennsylvania and they pay for our (Thom and I) flights to and from the facility, as well as pay for any flights for treatments.
I'm going to fight this with every ounce of strength I have, and will look into any possibility. I didn't get a "warm and fuzzy feeling" from the UMass oncologist I just talked to yesterday. I guess I want someone who "thinks outside the box" and will do whatever it takes to get me better. I want someone who has the same urgency as I do, someone who will fight as hard, or harder for me and with me! Dammit, I have a lot of living to do, I have lots of people to annoy!!! ;)
But thank you for all the cards, the emails, the comments, the hugs, the ears (not physically, but lending an ear when I just need to vent), the ice cream (Thanks Sue!). I said it before, I'll say it again.
You guys are truly a blessing. Please don't stop!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, which, by the way, I saw today on the echocardiogram.
With much love and gratitude.
E
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey Em,
You are so incredible! :)
I heard a lot of good things about the Cancer tx centers of america when I worked at the herb company.
They focus at the whole person, not the disease.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I'm so happy I can connect with you. It takes a lot of courage to share. I'm so proud of you. Love Jo
All I can say is "ditto". You are one tough cookie...and you can do this! I really wish there was something I could do... so...if there is...just name it!
We love you!
Stacy
Hey here is something that will make you laugh Emily, our sister bought a trampoline and put it in her house. Now tell me where the hell is she going to jump when the trampoline is in the house? I thought that was funny so I thought I would share that with you.
I am going to try this again. To be honest, I have never been more scared for someone in my entire life. But at the same time I know I have to be strong for you. You have to be strong Emily that is the only way we can beat this. You know if there is anything you need I am always here for you. I will be there in a drop of a hat, just let me know. In case you did not know how I feel, you are an incredible sister and woman and you mean the world to me. Keep your spirits up and keep fighting. I love you so much!
Love your sis!
As everyone has already stated, we are very proud of the fact that you are showing incredible courage throughout this entire ordeal. I for one am grateful that you are able to hold your head up and still be "Emily", which I know is probably not always easy for you....hopefully somehow it makes it easier for you to know that we all care about you. Although it doesn't seem like there's much we can do, we're willing, so don't hesitate to ask....and we're all on your side. If anyone can kick some cancer but, you can!!!!
OOps...I meant some cancer "BUTT!!!!!
Post a Comment