The earliest appointment they could get me in to see the oncologist is on Wednesday, May 30th. I tried so hard not to get mad at the nurse, it's not her fault.
Called my parents tonight to tell them...they don't get on the computer much, so they don't know this blog exists. That was the toughest conversation I had to make. Now you have to understand that my father is a typical Italian male, no emotion, strong, strict disciplinarian, figure-head. I had him reduced to tears and despair. He cried. I think in my 35 years, I've seen him cry only once before. And for the first time, he told me he loved me. It was always understood, but never spoken. I nearly fell off my chair.
And I had this thought:
Sometimes, I don't want to tell anyone about this because I'm afraid that they will look at me and think to themselves, "Oh my God, I'm so glad that I'm not HER." I don't want to be the person that people DON'T want to be.
I want to leave on a positive note. Today was a B-E-A-Utiful day. Ate lunch on the back deck, went out for ice-cream. It was nice.
Until next time, goodnight.
E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Perhaps they will have your protacol(sp)ready so it will start ASAP.
Thinking people will see a beautiful, tall, intelligent woman with great hair and wish they could face their medical problems with the strength she is showing.
Post a Comment