On the way to work on Tuesday, Thom and I see this rather LARGE animal crossing the road ahead of us. Both of us are like, "WTF?!" Thom slows down and what do we see crossing the road? No, it ain't no chicken! It's a big black cow!
He/She (I don't know what it was and I wasn't going to get close enough to find out!) just jaunted across the street, stopping traffic and people were taking pictures! This cow just walks onto someone's front yard, looking at us like WE'RE out of the ordinary! Imagine you're in your house, holding a cup of coffee, and you happen to look out your window. You expect to see those lovely flowers you planted, or the lawn that NEEDS to be cut (the neighbors are beginning to call you Jim Bob) and instead of those things, you see a COW eating your azaleas! WTF?! What do you say? SHOO?! BEAT IT?!
No, you'll just stand there, mouth opened wide and pray that this cow doesn't decide to make itself at home! Because, really, what can you do?! Have you ever tried to tip a cow? And while we're on that subject, how much DO you tip a cow?! 15%? 20%?!
A big thank you to Denise for donating to Sarah's cause! Thank you Thank you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Em!
I've been thinking about you so much, but haven't had a chance to write. For hot flashes- a small portable fan that you can keep in your pocketbook works quite well. Most of my friends are menopausal (I'm not giving away my age!:) and they say the fan works quite well.
Was the cow intimidating? They're so gentle. Honestly, the first time I looked into their big old brown eyes........I haven't eaten red meat since! (chicken eyes just aren't the same)
About your journal- You'll write when you're ready to write.
You are a gifted writer. I wonder if you realize that. Words have the power to heal.
I miss you.
Please take care. If you ever need anything, please call.
Love,
Jo
EM,
you tell the cow to "MOOOOOOOOOve" a long. you tell it that "it is udderly rediculous that you are even on my lawn". you tell it "you've had enough of it bull". you tell it that if it were knock up you would make it de-calf-inated if it doesn't stop munching on the plants (i say "plants" because i can't spell azaillia), hmmmmm, that looks like Godzilla's flowerly little sister, kind of wimpy like Godzuki except instead of puffing out smoke rings she farts in flowerly essence. But I digress, sooooooo, where was I???? oh yeah, you tell it to MOOOOOOOOOve along.
; ) Jerry
Post a Comment