I hope you all had a nice Labor Day weekend!
Thom, our friend Kevin and I went out on our boat yesterday and tooled around the lake near our house. I had a wonderful time. I love being out on the water, it's so relaxing. We saw many Great Blue Herons, they are amazing birds. They have to be the most graceful LARGE birds I've ever seen. When they fly, they look like Pterodactyls! The weather was gorgeous! Thom got a sunburn, but I didn't. Have to thank my parents for my Italian heritage and the ability to not burn!
I've been seeing a therapist for about 4 weeks now. I figured that I need someone to talk to that is a neutral party. It's nice to just vent and cry and not feel guilty doing so. Sometimes I just don't want to cry around anyone because I'm afraid that I'll bring the other person down. But this is good for the soul. I don't have to be upbeat around her if I don't feel like it. I can just BE and it's all good. I really like her, she almost seems to know me and alot of the things she says I think to myself, "Yeah, that's ME!" My mind has been quieter since I started seeing her. Calm mind=calm soul=happier Emily!
I'm starting to work on my panic attacks. I bought Lucinda Basset's Attacking Panic & Anxiety program and I'm on session 2. You've probably heard her commercials on the radio or TV and I figured what the hell?! So far, so good. I'm not ready to drive yet, but I swear, listening to those CDs, I feel like they are talking about me. I just never realized how many other people out there suffer from this just like me. They are just like me. It gives me hope that I can overcome this once and for all. When it comes to panic, I am my own worst enemy. I make the panic, I make it as bad as it is. I FEED it. Time to starve the panic like my medicine is starving the cancer. Things cannot grow if they have no fuel. Simple concept. Lofty goal.
I'm feeling good, no complaints. I see the doctor in 10 days. Keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming my way.
You guys are the best! Thank you for the continuous comments and support. You'll never know how much it means to me.
Much love,
E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Emily, I did not know you had a boat...but I am so happy that you have one because it makes you happy. As corny as that sounds that makes me happy it return! I love you so much and say hi to Thom for me! Talk to you soon!
Hey mama!!! Glad to see ya had some fun!!
The therapist idea by the way I feel is fantastic! I went to one for years in HS and Lord the difference it made when I needed it most.
Don't know if you know, but I suffer from extreme panic attacks. I was once on medicine for over a year because of it and had to ween myself off cause I panicked (ya don't say!) that I would become addicted to it.
You're not alone mama, not in the least!!!
I LOVE Labor Day cause it always marks the coming of my birthday! Tomorrow on the 7th I get older, yippee!!!!
Alida
I have 3 songs in my head (Beatles, Whitney Houston and Buddy Holly I think) all sort of trying to say what I'm thinking but definitely not even close. Anyway, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you all my most positive thoughts. Hope it makes for an extra fantastic celebratory weekend for you both! And remember don't fill up on rolls no matter how good they are =)
oh yeah, that last comment was me. oops.
Sarah =)
Post a Comment