Saturday, November 17, 2007

2nd dose of Zometa

Yesterday I got my second infusion of Zometa. This time they gave me a dose of some steroid, dexamethosone or something like that. That was to keep the fever at bay. So far, it's working great! No fever, or achiness, so that's super! My next infusion is scheduled for December 14th. The only side-effect from the steroid was that I had trouble sleeping. It gave me a boost of energy that lasted all day and night! It was perfect timing because I got to go out with some friends I haven't seen in more than a year and I got to stay out later than usual because I wasn't tired. That was cool! Want to say hi to Shannon, Brenda, Matt, Heather M. and S., and Crystal! There were others, but they don't read this. It was so wonderful to see you guys!! I had a great time! We NEED to do that again soon!

Colleen, it was so nice to see you! Glad you came to the soccer game and I hope to see you at more!! Can't tell you how happy I am that you are finally in a good place in your life! You go girl!

I got a comment from a friend that I haven't talked to in, man, over 6 years or something crazy like that! Becky!! I was so surprised and excited to hear from you! I will have to think about what I would like from Germany. I do collect nutcrackers...and chocolate is always a winner!

Speaking of nutcrackers, I got this catalog in the mail and on the cover was a hand-held nutcracker of Hilary Clinton!!! Oh my goodness, I laughed my ass off on that one! You put the nuts right between her legs!! How perfect is that!? Sorry to all the Democrats out there, but...not so much! Heehee

Sorry I have been quiet lately, but I was thinking, I don't mind being the boring person with cancer! LOL No news is most often good news!

I cannot complain. I'm feeling good, just tired a lot. I'm thinking of this cancer now as a chronic illness instead of terminal. I think that makes a HUGE difference in my state of mind. Not to mention having such wonderful friends like YOU! All this helps.

I want to wish you all a very happy and safe Thanksgiving! Eat lots, enjoy your family and friends and remember what you are thankful for. I know I will.

Much love you all of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nutcrackers? Ouch.

You should see the Star Wars and Wizard of Oz nutcrakers they now have...

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?collect=Nutcrackers

Anonymous said...

Haha NUTcrackers!!!!!!! YOU are a nutcracker! Love you!

Corey

Stacy said...

I laughed by ass off when I saw the Hilary Clinton one too! ;) Glad you are feeling good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! I had fun too!!!!! I was tired, that's because I'm old-what the hell! I can't beleive how close you guys live to us. No excuse we need to hang out! Matt said something about poker at your house with the boys. I'll come too and we can watch a chic flick or something.