We have seen some really crazy weather the past 2 days. High winds, torrential downpours, thunder, lightening and darkness. Seemed like one of the plagues of Egypt was upon us. I thought that maybe someone should start building an ark.
The circular driveway outside of work was flooded and the water was about mid-shin deep. Come to find out that the sewer drain was clogged. With what you ask? Let me tell you the story...
There once was a man named Tom,
Who should've listened to his mom.
He tried to save some baby chickens, or was it birds?
They fell into the sewer, how absurd!
With a windsock in hand, the birds he tried to scoop
To no avail, until it fell into the poop.
There it sat for about a week, clogging up the sewer drain,
when the rain finally came, it caused a large pain.
And ended up giving the city workers some overtime.
I am no poet, and I know it!
So a guy at work was trying to save some birds from the sewer with what looks like a windsock, or a butterfly net (just relace the netting with some non-porous material), for lack of a better description. Our safety officer uses it to flush the emergency showers in the laboratories. So, he tried to scoop them out with the windsock, and then the sock fell into the sewer. I don't think he told anyone, but was forced to once he realized what happened. He didn't save the birds, and nearly flooded the building in the process. That was our excitment for the day!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a schlep! I guess that's what happens when you try to be a good samaritan to wildlife! Actually, I tried to save a baby bird once when I was a child. I kept it in a styrofoam cup with cotton balls. Then, one day, I tried to feed it a chopped up worm, but it started to choke. So, in all my glorious naivete, I wanted to put it out of it's misery and the best solution I could think of was to put it in the freezer. Needless to say, it was a very dark, cold day for that little guy :(
Post a Comment