Monday, September 22, 2008

Today

HiHo!

Got my Zometa infustion and Faslodex injections today. Infusion went fine, the injections...well...I bled through the bandaide on my right side and it soaked through to my denim skirt. Not too happy about that.

Today I thought I would entertain you with my monthly bloodwork results. They follow 3 cancer markers: CEA, Cancer Antigen 15-3 and CA 27-29. They kind of give an overview of how I'm doing. If the markers keep going up, that's not a good thing. The lower the better, but they fluctuate so much from month to month.


Cancer Markers
Monthly
Normal
ranges
8/21/089/17/08
CEA10.813.70-5.0 ng/mL
Cancer Antigen2571470-31 u/mL
CA 27-292773160-37 u/mL


So 2 went up, and 1 went down. Like a yo-yo. Sorry, not the best of tables, but the HTML language is hard to do. Can't figure out how to make the columns wider without messing everything else up. HEY!! You computer geeks out there, help a girl out!! ;)

Also today, I got weighed in for Weight Watchers. I'm trying to lose at least 20 pounds, that's the goal anyways. I lost 3.6 pounds. Go me.

Going swimming at the gym today too. I look forward to swimming, I enjoy it a lot.

My old friend, Roberta, from High School found me through Facebook. That Facebook is an amazing thing! Getting in touch with lots of people I've lost touch with over the years is so nice.

Been driving still. I think I'm almost up to 15 min one way. It's weird, I should be very happy, but instead, I feel more down. Yesterday, I was very depressed and I couldn't put my finger on why. Yes, I'm still very nervous driving, yes, it's hard, but I'm doing it...so why don't I feel better?

5 comments:

Stacy said...

you will... stick with it... it will get better!

Anonymous said...

Go you. You are braver than I.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that Facebook is an amazing thing..I'm so happy to be back in touch my old friend...

Stay strong and GO YOU for sure on the 3.5 lbs weight loss...You rock!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really confronting those challenges, head on. [[hugs]]

Facebook is great--it's awesome finding old friends! I just connected with Roberta, too!

Maybe we can have an old friend reunion and you can drive to meet us somewhere! :)

Jayne said...

Emily I use Jenny Craig. i just eat and lose weight. No cooking either or excercise unless you want to. 13 lbs in less than two months.