Had Round 2 of Chemo on Friday, and it went extremely well! No allergic reaction this time, thank goodness. I only had the Taxol infusion, the Avastin is every other week. I was sitting near a lady who just started Taxol too, and she had a very bad reaction, so bad that they are admitting her and giving her the Taxol while in the hospital as opposed to in the clinic. So things could always be worse...
Feeling fine so far.
Went for a wig fitting too. Tried on some funky styles and colors, and narrowed it down to 2. So depending on whether I lose a lot of hair, I may have a wig, which I must admit is appealing...no fuss no muss and it always looks the same! :) I was never a good hairstylist with my hair, it was always a pain in the ass for me. Always easier to put it up in a ponytail.
Found a new friend. His name is Mr. Bo Jangles and he is my little mouse companion.

He'll be accompanying me on my treatments. Isn't he too cute? He smells like chamomile tea and you can heat him up in the microwave. Seems kinda cruel to me, so he won't be put in there.
As soon as Thom and I sat down, I had a volunteer offering food and food and more food. She gave us so much food, it was piled up on the table next to me. She threw like 3 bags of chips and popcorn at Thom, even after he said he was good! And then another volunteer would just randomly come by and leave a container of chicken salad or fruit salad. It's hilarious. Everyone is SO nice there. Thom told me that all the food is donated, and it's a lot of food. Gives you hope that there are still nice, caring people in the world.
Went to my parent's after treatment, had an awesome BBQ. Speaking of my parents...they have this dog, Skippy, I forget what kind of dog he is, a Shit-zu? Yes, I purposely misspelled that, because he's a little shit. From the day he came to my parents, he's been eating human food, he won't touch dog food...can't say I blame him...but he's a dog. We are eating BBQ rib eye and this little dog gets a fillet Mignon, asparagus, mashed potatoes and a piece of garlic bread. I almost fell off my chair. Are you kidding me?! LOL
Then we went to Dairy Queen...mmmm. Love their soft-serve twist with Jimmies. I can definitely get used to this ritual! :)
All the way home, Thom and I were jamming to tunes on the highway, dancing, playing air guitar, drums, singing (or trying to anyways!)...the people all around us must've thought we were nuts, and you know what? We are, and I love every minute of it!
Oh, here's a picture of me with my IV in:
You can see part of the table filled with food. So, my friends, until next time, peace out! My next treatment is 5/29/09.
There are some ladies that work with Thom that are doing the Susan B. Komen 3-day walk for cancer. Thom told them I would plug them here, so please donate if you have the means, I know times are tough right now. Save Second Base! Go B-Cups!
www.the3day.org/goto/Base2

2 comments:
YOU GO GIRL!!! KICK that Cancer in the ASS,STOMP ON IT!!! Great on no allergic reaction!!! Next time model the wigs would love to see your choices!!! Mr Bo Jangles is cute(yeah uh the microwave..maybe not, I agree:) Well, I vote for the Dairy Queen jammin session everytime(soft serve makes a great mic and tastes great toooo,mmmmm.
Well,You are in my prayers! Oh yeah, Capt Mayo and the head shave I guess got a Veto(hehe). Keep Positive, take long walks if it is warm enough over there. Michelle
P.S.
There is a really cool comicbook by a comic strip artist who has breast cancer;Her name is Marisa Marchetto
you might lookit up it is great!!!
When Maria had Chemo the hair thing was annoying she just asked me to shave it off one day. Then it was less stress waiting for it to come out. She hated the wigs they were itchy. She like hats or scarves.
Post a Comment