As we welcome in the New Year, I like to look back at the past year...good and bad...and remember what I have to be grateful for.
This year was dominated by the loss of my job. It has taken me until last night to come to terms with it. I was having a hard time with it. But I look at it now as a chapter of my life closing and a new chapter beginning. I wonder what it holds for me.
I am thankful for my family. I have a strong support network and I know they all love me very much. And I love them very much.
I am thankful for my friends. As Clarence from It's a Wonderful Life said, Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks to Facebook, I am reconnecting with a lot of them! This year I spent time with childhood and high school friends. I didn't realize how much I missed them in my life. But now that I am in touch with them, I won't lose them again.
I am thankful for my health. I started chemotherapy this year and it was filled with good news as far as my cancer markers were concerned. They continued to go down and that means that the chemo is doing it's job! I am thankful that my side-effects are minimal, and other than feeling tired, I feel better than I have in years!
I am thankful for Thom. He has been by my side through everything. He has to be the most patient, loving, and forgiving man I have ever met. I would be so lost without him. We've been together for 19 years and it's been wonderful!
Resolutions? I usually try to stay away from them. I feel they only set you up for failure. Well, the diet and exercise ones anyways! But mine is to keep being grateful for what I have.
Here's to a great 2010! Thank you for being in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good to hear from you again!!!!
Post a Comment