Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Change

Don't like it. Never did, never will. Unfortunately, it's a fact of life and I can't do much to stop it. The change I'm complaining about is my friend Libby has moved to Maryland. Over the past year, I've gotten pretty close to Libby and discovered that we are kindred spirits. I've had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I won't be seeing her everyday at work, and outside of work. Maryland is not THAT far, but it's not as close as she was.

I guess I'm just selfish. I know that this is something she had to do. Better job, better money, better everything. But I want my Libby, dammit! :)

I'm telling myself that she's on vacation! A very LONG vacation!

And before I forget, thank you, Libby, for donating to my friend Sarah's fundraising effort!! I love you!

Anyways, other than being sad over losing my friend, I'm doing fine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Libby is good people. (thank you Libby!) I hope she has a great vacation =) ...and ps: huge Thank Yous to John, Paulo and Denise for donating as well. My team's raised almost $50,000 so far and we still have 5 and a half weeks to go!
~Sarah McL.

Anonymous said...

Libby will be missed but keep your chin up luv, we can always crank call her monthly. We'll have loads of fun.

P.

Anonymous said...

Kindred spirits? What is this Anne of Green Gables? lol Good movie but I think you took it a little too far with the kindred spirit crap lol. For anyone who does not know this movie...come on get with the program...lol We grew up with this movie so shut up to all those who did see it and thought it was stupid. Anyways I love you sis and talk to you soon. Say hi to Thom for me! Goodnite.

sister said...

Hey in case you did not know that last comment was from me. I forgot to log in before I wrote you a comment! Oh and by the way I am sorry about Libby, just think of it this way, now you have a reason to go to Maryland! I love you sis, and goodnite to you and Thom! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Now you've gone and done it. You made me cry, you big bully! I miss you tons. But don't think for one minute that you've lost me. Friends like you don't come around every day and it's going to take more than an extended vacation to Maryland to get rid of me. You're good peeps, E. I love ya.

L

P.S. Don't forget to fax me those crossword puzzles!