Thom and I have decided to try to sell our house.
The reasons are many:
1) It's too big for just 2 people. We bought the house with the thought that it would be filled with children...
2) The commute is too long. It takes us about 45 minutes to get home, depending on traffic. We don't get home until 7pm most nights, and if we do ANYTHING after work, we don't get home until 10.
3) The gas prices are kicking our asses. We spend ~$250/month on gas. Yes, we have an SUV, but again, it was bought with the thought that it would have children in it.
4) No one comes to visit us. No one wants to drive that far. Slackers!
So there you are. Our project this summer is to get the house ready to be sold. There are projects here and there that need to be completed. Hopefully, by fall, it will be ready to be put on the market.
Of course, there's always that fact that it might not sell, the market being what it is. Keep your fingers crossed.
Where do we want to go? Anywhere within 15 minutes of work! We're going to look at Worcester, Shrewsbury, Holden, Auburn. We'll see if there's even anything we can afford. If would be so nice to be out of work by 5 and home by 5:30. I have a friend who lives 1.3 miles from work. How sweet is that?!
I have a plethora (like that word?) of emotions going through me right now. Sadness because I LOVE this house. We did so much work to it to make it our own, and I just love it. When we first looked at this house, I got a good feeling about it, a very comfortable feeling. I just FEEL at home here. Yes, I'm one of those that gets feelings from houses. If it's a bad, weird, uncomfortable feeling, I walk away ASAP. I don't question it.
Weird fact about this house: the previous owner had breast cancer. She's in remission, but that fact does not escape me.
The other emotion is excitement. It would be something new, something more manageable. We have rooms right now that we don't even use, they are used for storage. It's sad. A smaller, more cozier house would be great. We'd be closer to EVERYTHING!
We'd have to purge too, we have too much shit. I see a very large yard sale in the future.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thom,
I don't want any of my stuff back! Please sell it all at the yard sale.
I would have visited you more, but you were never home until 10pm. lol
Good luck, I know you will find a new comfortable and friendly home.
-John
I love this idea!
-Jenn
We get to see more Thom and Emmy!!! Yay! Let us know if you need anything...
Ok so I did a question thing on ask.com(the news ask jeeves website)and the closest city from where we live,that you might move to, is Shrewsbury clocking in with a distance of 34.0 miles from us. The rest of the cities are farther away. So your best bet would be to move to Shrewsbury! lol. I love you Emily and see you and Thom soon! We send you guys our love!
Love your sister and Oriano!
Clinton! Move to Clinton!
Just my two cents.
-Tim
Sounds like you guys are making the right decision for the two of you. Make sure you have a dedicated realtor! Advertise EVERYWHERE you can. Best of luck. Love you guys...:)
Dubai is nice, not close to work, but think of the tan you guys will get!
Post a Comment