Every day around this time I go out to the lake that's behind our building and I feed the local ducks that are there. I look forward to this time because it's so relaxing and it gets me centered. There are probably 20 ducks that are in the lake. Some of them are waiting on the grass, the others come out once they see me. The ones that come out from the water crack me up because they start "running", more like a fast waddle! Some even flap their wings to get to the food faster! It just makes me laugh. Anyways, the reason I'm telling you this is because today the little babies came out! There were 4 little duckies and this is the first time they've ventured out of the water. They were with their Mommy who snipped at any other duck that came close to her babies. The babies are so fluffy and cute! That just made my day. I'll be sad when winter comes. If I remember to take my camera out and take some pictures, I'll post them.
On one of the previous days I was out there, I saw the great blue heron who hangs out in the lake. He came so close to shore that day, I thought for sure he was going to come out and try to get some of the food. It was amazing! They are so majestic and graceful for such large birds. That was a good day too.
I love animals, I really do. I saw an amazing video on Youtube.com about Christian the lion. If you look it up, I swear, it will bring you to tears, it's so touching. It might be under "hugging lion", I'm not sure. Animals just amaze me. Sometimes I can't find the words to express my love and appreciation of animals. I like animals more than I like some people.
And if you haven't yet gone to the movies to see the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight", what the hell is wrong with you??? It was awesome! Heath Ledger nailed his character (The Joker) right on the head. Loved it loved it! It was a 2 and a half hour movie and I didn't even notice it. Usually I get antsy around the 1 1/2 hour mark, but this kept my full attention throughout. Best movie of the summer hands down. I think my brother-in-law would even like it. He's got some wacky taste in movies...for cripes sakes, he liked "No Such Thing", which was THE worst movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Two hours of my life I will never get back. Ughh, it was so bad. When he left the States, he left us his collection of DVDs and that movie was in the mix. I think I burned it. Oops, now he'll know. But he's going to tell me that he hates the Batman movie just because he's a pain in the ass (Like I need another pain in the ass, seriously.)
Until next time, here are some words of wisdom:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
I wear that saying on a bracelet. Gives me strength.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Not so fast dear sis-in-law, I saw the dark night last week and I liked it MORE than you. So there, nanny-nanny-boo boo.
I prefer to use the term, "cultured" instead of wacky when it comes to movies, and I will put up "No such Thing" against "saving silverman" any day of the week. Everyone knows SS was the WORST movie ever made. I will check but I am sure it is banned by the geneva convention!
Post a Comment