Monday, August 25, 2008

Beach Time

Thom and I finally made it to the beach yesterday, the first time the whole summer. We went to the Scarborough State Beach in Rhode Island. It was a beautiful day and we had a nice time. The waves were rather high and Thom and were trying not to get knocked down by them. The water was a bit nipply and full of seaweed. I hate the feeling of seaweed wrapped around my ankles. Eeeck. Scarborough is a nice clean beach with a little ice cream shop at one of the pavilions. I love the smell and sounds of the beach, it's so relaxing. I remember as a kid that we got up early in the morning to be at the beach by 8 or 9am. And we spent the whole day there! Those are great memories. We would get home totally spent, but happy.

I got my bone infusion and my 2 injections and today it really hurt. I could hardly walk for about 2 hours after. My joints hurt and I'm an overall bitch. Took some Advil, so I'm feeling a bit better. The nurse who administered it did so rather quickly, and the faster you inject it, the more it burns. We had to do it in the bathroom because there were no free rooms. She's telling me to hold on to the sink, and being the public bathroom germaphobe that I am, refused to touch anything in that bathroom. So that was interesting.

Not much else to report except that I can't wait for today to be over with. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments: