We've had our first brush with the violent, rampant crime in Brookfield. The cops were at our house and everything, it was horrible. How can something like this happen in our quiet little town? This is the end of the innocence. I'm afraid to go outside.
Wild kids are to blame, other people down the street were victims too.
I am calling it, "The brutal, deliberate EGGING of 2009!" LOL
Yes, we were the victims of a senseless egging of our home! The cops were taking photos of the carnage. They were trying to figure out the path the hoodlums took. It happened sometime between 6:30 and midnight. We were at a friend's, luckily, no one was hurt.
I can just imagine the conversation:
Officer #1: Yup. It was an egg, from the look of the shell, it was a brown egg. Brown eggs are local eggs, so this egg was fresh.
Officer #2: Good observation. And from the way the yolk oozed down the side of the house, we can determine the egg's trajectory, and pinpoint the location of where the criminal was standing.
Officer #1: He had to have been left-handed. There's no way the egg would've smashed in this pattern if he was a rightie.
Officer #2: Brilliant...the culprit had to have been wearing glasses.
Officer #1: Why do you say that?
Officer #2: He almost missed the house. He almost couldn't of hit the broad side of the barn. If he had 20/20 vision, it would've hit more to the center of the house.
Officer #1: You're right. Let's get some pictures. Then we'll get this information down to ballistics.
Officer #2: Do you think we should fingerprint the eggshell fragments?
Officer #1: There are few eggshell fragments left. The culprits must've known that we would do that, so they collected as many as the fragments as they could.
Officer #2: Take a sample of the frozen yolk. We'll run DNA tests on it to make sure it was a chicken egg.
Officer #1: Great thinking. Let's get this back to the station STAT!
I would expect to see this as a made-for-television movie, so keep a lookout for it, it's absolutely compelling!
Happy 2009 everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am going out tomorrow to get TEBO or whatever it is called so I will be ready ;)
West Coast Mom
Violence is nothing to yolk about. I hope the eggcellent Brookfield police can figure out what the shell happened.
Christine
Emily,
This is a GREAT blog!!! Captian MayonnaiseTold me about it and I send to you and Thom , all my prayers and positive vibes I can muster!!
I hope the rest of your year ROCKS!!!I hope to meet you in the future.
Texas Sugar(in my Bowl)
Post a Comment