Well, I cut my hair on Saturday, short. It has begun to fall out. I run my hand through my hair and I get a handful of hair. I have to say, it's a little more disturbing than I had initially anticipated. I don't like to see all that hair. It may be time to shave the whole thing instead of waiting for it all to fall out. Sigh.
BUT it is only hair and it will grow back, so that's a comfort at least.
This last round of chemo went as smooth as silk, no reactions, no side effects. Feeling good. I have next week off.
Bought moisturizer for my face, the chemo has a very drying effect on my skin. They also recommended that I get scalp stuff to keep my head from drying out too. I'm probably going to order my wig and get some funky scarves. It's sure going to be weird looking at myself in the mirror...with no hair. I've always had long hair, so this is truly an adjustment.
On the way to Dana-Farber last Friday, I noticed the graffitti that's everywhere, I have to say, some of these people are truly artistic, it's too bad that they don't have a positive outlet for their skill. Some of it is really good! Just something I noticed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Graffitti instead of hair what a funky idea. It will give talented people a new forum looks nicer than a space for rent sign.
You are lucky when I lost my hair it never planned to come back. OK, maybe it planned to grow in my ears. :( Now you get to lose all the gray's (both of them) and start fresh.
Keep writing maybe that's how you can spend your summer. Published author Em LeBrun.
-j
Sorry about the hair.
I knew an older guy who went through chemo. He had white hair, but lost it all. After the chemo it grew back in black as jet! Can you believe it? He had to have been at least seventy years old and had a head of black hair for a while.
Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress.
Hey Emily- Just stopped by to catch up with your blog. I truly enjoy reading your writing. You are so good at it!! It's also refreshing to see you maintain a positive and humorous attitude...you're an inspiration to more than you know. Keep up the fight my friend, and know there are many of us in your corner!
Your ol pal,
Roberta
Post a Comment