I got fired from my job today (well, it was actually yesterday because it's 2:30 am) because of my previous blog entry. I violated a code of conduct. So I am unemployed again. This is a record low for me. I don't know what to say except I've learned a harsh lesson. I was stupid and payed the price.
I start chemo again today. I see the doctor today too.
That's all I got, not feeling much like writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What an unbelievably disgraceful thing to do. That woman needs a lesson herself. She referred to Jesus, thus implying she lives by His virtues, but obviously is the living contradiction of those Christian values. She should be ashamed. She could have confronted you directly instead of sliming her way around to management and reporting your post. She knew about your journey and made things worse for you anyway. Jesus must be very disappointed...
Hey Emily,
So sorry you lost the job! As I've been told, the most important job now is fighting the cancer. Maybe, it was meant to be...although I know, that doesn't take the sting away for you. Thank you for your blog - I find myself relating to you and your experience quite a bit. Keep writing!!
Jodi
Em,
I just read this. I had no idea. I'm so sorry. So you made some comments about some person completely unknown to the blog readers. . .how that could hurt anyone is beyond me. Whoever "big brother" was, how sad to be them. You are 1,000 times a better person.
I love reading your blog (hadn't checked in a while b/c I didn't realize you had new posts! I was so happy to see them). I'd hate for you to have to censor yourself--so I hope you find a job with a company that has better things to do with their H.R. time than worry about some innocuous blog comments.
Post a Comment