I've been working on this blog for awhile, things keep seem to happen. I ended up in the hospital again for a fever. Two weeks ago, after treatment, I developed a fever. Remembering what happened last time (vomiting, nausea and dehydration), I wanted to nip it in the bud before it got out of hand. Called my oncologist and he told me to go to the ER. I did and they kept me overnight. They can't seem to discover what is causing it. The nurses remembered me.
Had treatment yesterday, and I got another fever. I took some tylenol and called it a day. We'll have to visit this when I see Dr. Silver next time.
Thom and I went to Maine last weekend. My sister-in-law has a place in Normway, ME (or Otisfield, ME). The weather was absolutely fantastic. Every other time we had gone up there, it rained. Mary said that if it rained this time, we were no longer invited! LOL We had tons of fun, we went horseback riding, went shopping and just enjoyed the weather. The dogs absolutely love it up there. They roam free and go in and out of the water all day. It's so nice to see them just loving life.
Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of me and Thom's first date. I can't believe it's been 20 years!! I've known him more than half my life. Time has gone by so fast. I can't remember what life was like before him. Well, I can, but it wasn't as great. He's made me so happy, I love life with him. I love telling people how long we've been together, I love their amazement. Yes, I was lucky enough to meet my mate, my soulmate, my best friend. I'm grateful every day for him.
Thom has been renovating the living room. He painted the walls, removed the carpet and is putting down a hardwood floor. It looks great! The walls are a nice deep green, with white trim. It was beige on beige before, it actually looked yellowish when the white trim covered it. I'm very excited about it. Gives me another room to decorate!!
I signed up for a stained glass class! I'm very psyched about this. I've been looking for stained glass for the sunroom because there is a nice large window in there. Unfortunately, stained glass is in it's very nature, Victorian. My house is country. I designed a panel that has a more country-ish feel to it. The room's theme is stars and sheep. Looking forward to this.
I'm driving now, and I feel like a whole new world has opened up. I'm able to go out after work, and just able to do anything I want. I'm so happy. I've been missing so much. But I won't dwell on that. I'm only looking forward and what I'm able to do now.
This is a very long blog. I've been neglectful. Thank you for sticking with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy to see two new posts! Happy dating anniversary! 20 years? It's so nice to know you met at 9 years old1 LOL And it sounds awesome to go into work before dawn. . .not that I plan to do that myself anytime in the future. :)
Christine
It's so great to hear that you are doing things now that you enjoy, especially the driving part. It will quadruple your sense of freedom. I'm very happy to hear that. Congrats on your 'anniversary'. You guys were meant for each other. Sorry to hear about the fever issue. Hope they can pinpoint that bullshit side effect. Take good care. Talk to you soon. We love you guys!
Post a Comment