Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 So far...

With the exception of the first 2 weeks of January, this year hasn't gotten off to a great start for me.  I felt fine during radiation, but once it was over, everything hit me at once.  My hair fell out very quickly, so I had Thom shave my head.  Then sciatica came along, and that hurts.  Then I pull a muscle in my shoulder from coughing.  Then I get a sinus infection.  Now I have a pain in my back, I'm actually not sure if it's kidney related or if I pulled more muscles coughing.  Doctor put me on a course of antibiotics, but  it did not clear up the infection.  So now I'm on round two of antibiotics.

To say I'm exhausted is an understatement.  It's a bit depressing.  Trying to take one day at a time.  This has been a test of my strength.  Not feeling very strong right now. 

I also wore my wig for the first time at work today.  I was surprised at how self-conscious and ridiculous I felt.  I didn't make it through the day with it on.  I feel much better wearing my hats and scarves.  I felt like an impostor and I really felt I looked like a clown.  People were nice and told me I look good, but I didn't feel good, and that's the only opinion I went with. 

Sorry if this sounds like a pity party, oh woe is me.  This is what's been going on.

I'm back on the pill chemo and I see the doctor on Feb. 18th.

I wish I had something more exciting to write about.  Oh!  I finally took down my Christmas decorations!  LOL

1 comment:

Christine said...

February has started cruddy but is going to end great with Di, Charlene, and me, coming out. . . :)

Hope you are feeling better!!