I spent June 4th-13th with my parents to spend time with my sis Lizz and my niece and nephew. Good times! One event stood out as a pretty funny and I wanted to share.
My mom, myself, Lizz and the kids decided to go to the mall. That's not the funny story. The funny part is when we went home. Coming down the road that turns off our street, there were traffic cones blocking the road. To ANYONE else, this would be a small hint that you need to turn around and find an alternate route, right?! Nope, not to my mom. She stops and looks at the cones. Decides that she can SQUEEZE between two of the cones and carry on. So she did. Lizz and I are yelling at Mom. I see a guy down the street waving us back (they were paving the road). I told mom that he's telling us to go back. Doesn't matter, she continues down the road and goes to turn onto her street...blocked by cones also. Now my mom is put out. We look down the road and we see a cop making his way toward us. He was just walking slowly toward us. I told my mom that the cop was coming. She proceeds to BACK up the road. The cop is still sauntering toward us. She runs over one of the cones and doesn't know what to do. The cop reaches us finally. It was like a horror movie, no matter how fast or far you run, the psycho always catches up to you. I just started laughing.
My mom gets out of the car and yells to the cop, "I'm sorry officer!". I'm slinking down in my seat because I'm totally embarrassed. The cop didn't say A WORD!!!!! He just looked at my mom with a face that said, "Lady, are you insane?! Did you NOT see the cones in the MIDDLE of the road?!?!?" Not a word, his face said it all. But it wasn't over, my mom was so put out that she drove down a one way street! Best laugh I had in a bit!!
Here's a current pic of the kids:
Love love love those kids!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That was a precious memory for me too. Classic mom. Classic cop. Who's gonna prevail? Hilarious.
Post a Comment