Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy NonLabor Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day, although I'm sure not many of you are not laboring!

Things are going fine here.

Speaking of Thom, he's been training for a Rugged Maniac race at the end of September.  It's a 3 mile obstacle course.  Check it out if you want:  http://www.ruggedmaniac.com/southwick-ma.html  I'm going as a spectator, hopefully I'll get some good shots.  I admire the tenacity, but all I have to say is "OH HELL NO!"  :)

I decided to stop working.  My last day of work was August 7th.  It was a very hard decision because I finally found a place where I want to be, with people that wanted me there.  But it was getting harder and harder for me to go to work everyday, even with the part time schedule.  I feel it was a good decision.  I'm feeling more rested.  And now I'll have time to do the things I've been too busy or too tired to do.  I miss the guys though, they really made it the place it is.  Miss you guys!! 

We weathered the hurricane Irene fine, but Holland, MA got hammered.  We drove through parts of it on the way back from Connecticut, and there was a hill where all the trees were destroyed and knocked over.  Some of the houses were boarded up.  It looked like hurricane alley.  Trees were splintered like they were toothpicks.  We were very lucky.

Yesterday, it was the 21st anniversary of Thom and I's first date.  I can't believe how long it's been, but how quickly it seemed to go by.  I've been with Thom longer than I have been with my parent's.  I love you more today than yesterday.  If that's possible.

I didn't get my last Chemo treatment because my platelet level was too low.  So I have 2 weeks off.  It seems to be working, but we won't know until the doctor runs more tests, and I see him on the 16th.  But I am happy to report that the numbness on the left side of my chin has gone away!!  I was surprised to wake up one morning and noticed that the numbness was gone!  Awesome!

I'm waiting to hear from Social Security about disability.  I was approved for the medical portion of it and now I'm just waiting to hear about the non-medical portion of it.  I don't know what it entails, so now we wait.  I hope I get approved.  I don't want to have to fight the decision.

Until next time, same bat time, same bat channel!

No comments: