Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Heat Wave

It's been hazy, hot and humid here for 3 days. I'm loving it!

The doctor put me on a new medication, Neurontin, that pretty much took away my hot flashes! I've had maybe 1 in the past 2 weeks! It's amazing. Good thing too, can't imagine having 97 degree weather on top of a hot flash! I'd have to kill someone! ;)

We baptized my niece/godchild on Sunday. First time I've seen Brianna since she was born. She is beautiful! We looked at baby pictures to see who she resembles. Both my dad and Brianna's grammie said she looks like me. I kind of see the resemblance too. It made me feel good because at least now, there is someone out there who looks kinda like me. So in a way, I will live on. It was very emotional for me. I'll see her again for Thanksgiving. I wish we lived closer, I'm missing so much of her.

Thom and I were on vacation last week. We didn't go anywhere, just puttered around the house. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie, and to say I wasn't impressed would be an understatement. I didn't like the movie, it felt too forced, almost like they were trying to capture the essence of the past movies. I guess they were arguing a long time about the script...they should've continued arguing! Very disappointing. But it was nice to be able to sleep in and just do whatever. I want to be independently wealthy so that I don't have to work. Dream on!

Saw a coyote on the way to work this morning. We drive by a lake where there are a LOT of geese, and right in the middle of this is a lone coyote. He usually has friends, but they weren't around. Slackers!

Not much else to report. I'm feeling fine.

Back to killing zombies...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teach them zombies who is boss!