I added an old post, the Ponzi House Curiosity Trip, and it nearly drove me to a heart attack. I don't know why Blogspot puts all pics at the top of the post no matter where you want it. It's SO frustrating. I guess I will have to add the photos first and then type the words, because I am not doing that again! I have 2 more trips to add, but not tonight.
So, what's been happening? What hasn't been happening? I became a member of a new church (shhhh, it's not Catholic! Gasp! It's Protestant! Gasp again!) My mom's reaction was hysterical! "That's not a 'real' church." They are trying to brainwash you. They have no sacraments.
Don't drink the Kool-Aid!
So I tell her about it. I attended the 'real' church, a small Catholic church near the center of town. No one really looked at me or introduced themselves, welcoming me to their church. So here I am, new person, don't know anyone, not good. No reaction. Ok.
Then I told her about the Brookfield Congregation Church. There is a greeter at the door, and if they don't recognize you, they welcome you to their church (Gasp!), have you sign the guest registry, and give you a rose sticker that alerts all the members that they have a new guest. Immediately, I was welcomed by one of the members and introduced me to a bunch of others! It was so warm and welcoming and everyone was actually happy to see me. Genuine. Who's more Christ-like? Not the 'real' church. Mom just grimaces when I talk about it, but she sees how happy I am with this church and she's ok with it. Thank God!
It's been about 8 months and I love love love this church and all the congregation. I can't help but smile everytime I see anyone of those people. It's an older congregation, but they rock! I have found my place. And they like me, they really really like me! More on this church later because they will become a lifeline for me.
More on Part 2 later, I think I'm done for tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just one question, who wouldn't really, really like you? (No, seriously, tell me and I'll kick their ass!) ;-)
Post a Comment