Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Test results

I got the results of the PET scan...not good. My lungs lit up light a Christmas tree, so the nodules in my lungs are metastatic cancer. A lymph node on my left side lit up too, but we knew that.

Even though I was expecting this, I'm still kind of numb right now.

Please keep those prayers and good thoughts coming my way, it's what's helping me get along.

With love,
E

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We already know you're strong. Get mad, go crazy, punch a clown.
Still praying - love Jenn

snowoman said...

Hey Em,

I'm thinking about you so much, you are in my prayers constantly.
Dana Faber is one of the leading centers in the country. I'm so grateful they're so close.
If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Luv,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Hi there...I want to see your face around for a long time, you bring light into the room. You bring levity to a sometimes hectic workplace. Keep smiling because it is your best defense, I know you are strong...my prayers are with and for you. There is abundant power in group prayer, and it can move mountains and more. Kick some tail.

Wii

EvelAlida said...

Ok ok, we can work with a Christmas tree, just gotta get some presents under there is all. Hell, we're gonna make it one heck of a Christmas cause what's that sayin', when life hands ya lemons stick 'em in yer bra! Is that it?

Your going to beat this, all of it, I feel it mama, watch.......

Anonymous said...

Emily
WE love you and Matt and I are thinking about you everyday! Be strong and fight with all you got!
Love Brenda and Matt XO

Anonymous said...

Emily and Thom,
Just keep being strong! Prayer does work wonders and you have a lot of people praying for you. Just lean on each other and know you are not alone.

Linda W

Anonymous said...

Em,Thom,

Keep on, keeping on, baby. Your strength, Thom's strength, your united strength, is amazing. Thom has written that his "hero" is "anyone that would give their life for another". The two of you are hero's. In todays culture for a couple to have given completely given their lives to one another, for one another, with unconditional love, with unparalleled devotion,without inhibition,is to be championed. The strength culminated from your unity...has to...will,see you through. Keep smiling, if you can't, make Thom smile for you. If he can't, I will and do smile for the two of you.

One of those thoughts I was telling you about,
Jerry

Anonymous said...

Emmy and thom,
My heart goes out to both of you during this time! Both of you, keep strong, and everyone who was and is praying for my mom, are also now praying fpr you! You have a heck of a network on your side girl, fight like hell! You are very stong Em, we're all here for you, just say the word....
April

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily-

Everyone who knows you.. loves you and you can count on us to be there for you at any time. I cannot imagine how you feel at this moment but I know you will be stronger than any glowing tree baby! Pull the plug on the tree and see only the love of everyone around you.

love ya,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I known Thom forever and he has mentioned a few of the reasons he married you. Yes, I mean other than that you said, “Yes” when he asked. Therefore, I am not worried about the outcome. You will beat this, no questions in my mind.

If along the way I can help ease your burdens, just ask. It may feel like you are in a dark pit, but it is a tunnel. I am always willing to help you see the exit. If I can’t help, I am sure Nicole can point you to the other end of the tunnel.

Until our next online adventure, your truly

John L.

Sue said...

Hey guys - I just want you to know that I am thinking of you constantly. I hope you are trying to relax and have some fun this week. Please let me know if there is anything that you need! Keep your chin up baby!

I also found these web sites that I thought were pretty cool, I hope that you do as well.

Love,
Sue

http://www.re-mission.net/site/game/index.php

http://www.planetcancer.org/html/cancertainment_type2.php?cat_Id=4&p_Id=119#topTen

Anonymous said...

Emily & Thom,
I just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both every day. If anyone can beat this you can! Stay strong.

Love, Erika

Stacy said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday...
love you,
Stacy & Lenny

Anonymous said...

Hi emily i just wanted to tell you that i think the way your handling this whole thing is just amazing.I think it takes alot of courage and faith to recieve this kind of news and go toe to toe with it, and youv certainly proven that with alot of courage and faith it will give you the strenght to take on any kind of news on any given day.If you need anything please let me know. Oriano