Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Day 6

This is Day 6 of being on Tamoxifen. Feeling fine. The only thing I noticed was some joint pain, but I can't be sure if it's a side effect of the medicine, or just a sign of me getting old...

My panic attacks have returned recently (can't imagine why). I used to be able to at least drive myself from Thom's work to my work, but that seems to have become a problem of late. This is most frustrating and upsetting to me, it just seems the little freedom that I've been able to enjoy is dwindling. I can push myself, but it just stresses me out so much, I don't feel like adding any additional stress to myself anymore than I have to. This unfortunately takes a toll on Thom because he's essentially my chauffeur, but I feel that I can at least prevent this stress in my life, whereas other things I have no control over.

Funny story:

This morning, before jumping into the shower, I thought I felt a scab on my hip. So here I am trying to pick it off. Then it just didn't feel right to me. So I look down, and what do I see? A friggin' tick! I start screaming for Thom.

"THOM???!!!"
"What?"
"I'VE GOT A TICK ON ME!!! GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!!!"
"Ok, c'mon downstairs"
"I'M NAKED!" (At the bottom of the stairs we have big picture windows and very close neighbors)
"Ok, fine, I'll come upstairs." He looks at it, then starts to reach for it. I start to screech. Here I am, buck naked, running around like an idiot because I am so eecked out.
"GET IT OOOOOOFF!!!!"
"You need to stand still so I can get it"
He pulled it out and I could FEEL it disengaging from my skin!!!!!!!!!! EEEEECCCKKKKKK!! And I TOUCHED it!! Double EEECCCKKK! It was there ALL night, sucking my blood. Triple EEECCCKK!!
"Now I'm gonna get Lyme disease, that's all I need!"
"No, you're not gonna get Lyme disease, you get that from deer ticks and that wasn't a deer tick."
"Are you sure?!"
"Yes, deer ticks are small and white, this one was big and brown, and it was wiggling..."
"OK, I don't want to hear any more, thanks."...slight pause..."You're not lying to me, are you?"
"No, I'm not lying to you."

Ahh, it's hard to be me.

I want to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Fourth of July!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to write a book..I never laughed so hard. At least throughout it all Thom was calm. Have you researched online for the tick? I never knew there were different kinds of ticks. I am sure you are fine. Ticks creep me out too! Creeepyyy! Now I am itching!!!

Anonymous said...

okay, one more thought. Not only am I still itching but now I am seeing things...little black things and nothing is there. Grrr...

Itch ya later!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Take it easy! One day at a time.
(I'm talking about driving). The same thing happened to me too but after a little time I'm driving again. About the tick, that would have made me feel sick too,but I'd never would have thought of running around NAKED! I also wanted to let you know that I'm going to Italy on friday and maybe you won't hear from me for a while but if zia Melina will let me use her computer I'll still keep in touch. With love zia Tonia

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
You are so funny, it is great you can keep your sense of humor with all that you are going through. It was good to see you Tuesday, you look great. All the stress is not showing on you. (Thom, on the other hand looks like he has aged a few years in the last few months.) I'm sure he doesn't mind driving you around. Take care and keep the funny stories coming!

Linda W

Anonymous said...

Yeah, ticks can be {naked} pretty freaky things, unless your {naked} used to them. Growing up in the {naked} town of Mendon, ticks were frequently found on our {naked} heads when we were children. They freaked out my mother. Glad you got over that {naked} tradgedy.

I want to write more {naked} however, I appear to be preoccupied with something. Not sure {naked} what it is.

All our Love to you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Em,

Wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. I miss you and Thom at the games. Maybe I'll make it some time soon. My class schedule has changed again. Ha ha.

I'm sending lots of warm thoughts and love your way. (BIG HUG, BIG KISS)

Love you,
Colleen