Monday, October 8, 2007

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I'm sure you all know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I don't know about you, but almost everywhere I go, I see pink. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, this is GOOD! It makes people aware, makes them think, and it gives people different ways to help. But on the other hand, it makes me aware and makes me think. There's not a minute of my day where I am not thinking about this disease and that I have it. I don't want to go to the grocery store and have it shoved in my face. This is going to be a tough month for me from now on.

I do appreciate it though. More strides have been made in breast cancer research in the last 20 years than has occurred overall in the past 200 years! That's amazing to me.

I will be wearing my pink ribbon pin all month. And I may just buy a pink can of corn!

1 comment:

Hubby said...

I know every day is difficult, and I constantly think about what has happened. But, you know I still consider myself the luckyest man in the world, beacuse despite this aweful thing, I have you, to go through it with. Whether it's a day, a year or God willing the rest of our lives you are the one I have to hold, to help and to chrerish.

I love you