Spent most of my morning calling people. I called Dr. Silver's nurse (Dana-Farber) and she told me that somehow, some of my chest CT is missing and they don't have enough to compare. Just by looking at my most current CT, there are a couple of nodules in my chest that are slightly bigger than they would like. BUT, they don't have the previous films, so they can't say if they got bigger, or stayed the same size, or even got smaller.
Then I called UMass to try to get another copy of my original CT sent to Dana-Farber AGAIN! UMass couldn't even find me in the system! I said What?! How can that be??? After some investigating, it was discovered that I was listed as "WebberLebrun". Oh my God! Where did Webber come from?!?! Anyways, I had to fax them a release form and now a CD with my CT results are on their way to Dana-Farber. Then I may get a result. This has been going on for 3 weeks now.
The nurse is going to set up my Zometa infusion, finally. I told her that I was very disappointed in Dana-Farber because they are supposed to be one of the best hospitals around and that I have had to wait this long for anything to happen. I said it's unacceptable. She apologized profusely and told me how bad she felt. I know I feel better after getting that off my chest.
I don't know if you remember about a month or so ago, I was complaining about shoulder pain that lasted for quite a while. Well, I learned this morning from the nurse that I have a rib fracture. OK, WHAT?! How in the name of all that's good did I get a rib fracture?? She said that it was high up on my ribs and it looks post-traumatic. I guess that means that it's not a brand new fracture, but it happened within the last 6 months or so. And here I was thinking I was sleeping on my arm wrong or something. I can't recall anything I've done that could've resulted in a rib fracture. That's just weird. Maybe I should come up with some totally crazy story! I know! I was throwing the old football around with Mike Vrabel from the Patriots and I tackled him and broke my rib. Yeah, that's a much better sounding story than "I don't have a clue as to how I fractured my rib."
Thank you to my friends Jenn, Michele and Adrian for donating to Sarah's fundraising! She and I both appreciate it very much! You guys are so awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey I am only allowed to play with Mr. Mike Vrabel!!!!!
Debbie
Post a Comment