Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Zometa

Met with the doctor here in Worcester about the Zometa (Zo-may-tah). I have my first intravenous infusion appointment this Friday, the 19th, at 9am. The infusion lasts about 30 minutes. Side effects include fever and/or bone pain, or generalized achiness.

This drug is manufactured by Novartis and I got a patient starter kit. Included in this kit was lots of reading material, a water bottle, hand sanitizer with a clip I can put on my purse, and a cool bone-shaped pen! I like funky pens, so I was walking around the lab here today wearing my bone pen, telling corny jokes like, "I got a bone to pick with you" or "No bones about it, you're swell!" People just shake their heads at me. I crack myself up though. :)

I'm feeling fine, except for the kidney stone pain.

Sarah reached her goal!!! Thanks to all of you for donating!!

No comments: