Well, I finally heard from the Dana-Farber doctor. He finally read my CT scans. The lung nodules have remained the same, but unfortunately, there has been some progression in the bone (I didn't ask how much).
He mentioned again that the nodules in my lungs may not be breast cancer, since it's advanced in my bone, but not in the lung. But it's also not unusual.
Anyways, he didn't sound all doom and gloom, and he said that we have a lot of hormone options available. The next step is a hormone called Lupron. It's an injection I get once a month and I can get that done at the same time as the Zometa infusion. That's a blessing at least.
He also told me to stop getting any scans done in Worcester and having them sent to him. He said that it's getting very confusing, and frustrating because he doesn't have all my films all in one place. I can still get the infusion and injection in Worcester, but for any scans, I am to go to Dana-Farber. That's fair.
The Lupron will cease my periods and give me some nasty hot flashes. He told me to let him know if they get bad and interfere with my sleep, he can give me something to counteract that.
And the reason why the doctor in Worcester didn't mention anything about the progression in the bone is because he doesn't have the original bone scan to compare.
I think I'm doing ok. I didn't break down upon hearing the news, which is usually the scenario. That doesn't mean it won't hit me later.
Update: it hit me later
Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it.
Much love,
E
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Keep up the positive thinking! You know we are! We are always thinking of you!
love,
Stacy, Lenny, Maya & Alex
Ok, let's forget about any negative thoughts. Lets focus only on the positive, ok? Seriously only positive thoughts. Are you positive that doctors are irritating at times??
P.
Hey Em,
Sorry to hear this news....no periods can't be all bad right?!! Sending you warm wishes from Germany....all our best.
Love,Becky
Post a Comment