Hi all,
Had my Zometa infusion today. No steroids this time, so we'll see if I get a fever. The steroids were making me too edgy and unable to sleep for a couple of days, so I didn't want it.
Still waiting to hear from Dr. Silver at Dana-Farber, but the doctor that gives me the infusions told me that the CT scans show no change. He has a call in to Dana-Farber also.
Cancer markers in my blood have been another way to judge how the Tamoxiphen's been working. I get those checked once a month. It seems that over the past 5 months or so, they have been creeping up slowly. These values fluctuate, so it's not uncommon for them to change each month, or even from day to day. And they haven't increased dramatically, so it may be that I'm building up a tolerance to the Tamoxiphen. This was expected. The next step would be for me to go on another hormone therapy, this one's called Lupron (you may have seen the commercials for it). This will put me into menopause and my estrogen levels will drop dramatically, and quickly. It's an injection, once a month or once every 3 months, not sure. It will supress my periods (PLUS!), but I will get hot flashes (YUCK!). In conjunction with the Lupron, I will stay on the Tamoxiphen and see if that can't supress things. I don't have a lot of details yet because we are waiting for Dana-Farber to chime in. The doctor in Worcester won't do anything until he talks to Dr. Silver at DF. So nothing is going to happen until then.
I'll keep you posted on the happenings.
I was kind of bummed out this morning, just waiting in the waiting room, looking around at all the old people, and here I am. I don't know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Just remember, you are Bill.
love,
Sarah Mc
Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.
If you are alive waiting is boring and a no fun - take is as a good sign, I do!!!
-John
Post a Comment