Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Biopsy Date

Just got off the phone with Dr. Silver. I have a CT-guided biopsy of the pelvis scheduled for Thursday, 6.21.07, the first day of summer. I have to be at the Brigham and Women's Hospital by 2:00pm. There was talk about not doing it until next week, but I hit the roof. I can't keep playing this waiting game. So the proverbial squeaky wheel got some grease. I'm subdued. For now.

I will have to have a ride home because they will be giving me IV pain meds. From my understanding, they will take a number of pictures with the CT scanner and then, using those pictures, guide a lovely needle into my bone where they think they can get the best sample.

Once they get a sample, they have to de-calcify the bone before they run the other tests on it, so the de-calcification is going to take 1-2 days, and then however long it takes them to do the other tests. Grrr.

If they don't get the kind of sample they need, they have me scheduled for a PET CT biopsy, which is another PET scan, but they will do a biopsy right during the procedure. That's scheduled for June 28th and it takes a week for the results of that. I swear, if I have to wait until July to start treatment, I'm going to go ballistic.

I have to go for some special blood test tomorrow. They need to test for bleeding disorders. I'm not going into Boston just for the blood test, so I'm going to Fallon. I can't take any Motrin/Ibuprofen until after the test.

Why can't anything be simple? I've always hated Drama, but it seems that's all I'm getting, more Drama.

1 comment:

EvelAlida said...

How in the hell you keepin' track of all these dates woman?!??!?! Now THAT'S no small feat! Let's not gloss over this now people........I can't remember a lunch date I made today for tomorrow for cryin' out loud! Oh sweet Jesus, I am sad. THIS is what I am realizing reading your blogs Emily, how sad I am! LOL THANK YOU VERY MUCH MISS THANG! And if you think I am goin' easy on ya cause of this cancer shmancer thing, ya got another thing comin' woman! I can't go light on ya over something that ain't stickin' around long enough to matter soon, you watch. So there babe! Oh, yeah, I said it!

psssst..............love you :-)
Alida