Friday, June 29, 2007

A glimpse into my madness

Yes, I know I'm insane, you all know that I'm insane, but let me tell you just HOW insane I am by sharing this little diddy.

Now grant you, this is only Day 2 of taking Tamoxifen. Day 2.

Day 1. Yesterday. I picked up the medicine, left it in the car for about 2 1/2 hours. Freaked out about it because it was in the car and it was 106 degrees in the car. I was sure that the medicine was now ruined and that it wouldn't work because the insert said to "store at room temperature." Asked people around work, they told me it was ok. Didn't believe them. Called the pharmacy and they told me it was ok too. Didn't believe them.

Day 2. Today. Driving into work with Thom this morning. He had a 24 ounce bottle of orange juice that he was drinking. I decided to take my Tamoxifen then. Put the pill in my mouth, took a swig of OJ. SWISHED the pill in my mouth to make sure it was in there. Swallowed. About 5 minutes later, I started stressing that somehow, the pill JUMPED out of my mouth and landed into the jug of OJ. Looked at the jug to see if I could see the pill floating around. Nothing. Please refer to the sentence where I said that I swished the pill in my mouth to make sure it was there. I KNEW it was in my mouth, I felt it. But this nagging voice kept saying, "What if it's in the OJ?!" Freaking out. Thom's laughing at me. He told me to just drink the rest of the OJ, so if I was sure the pill lept out of my mouth, at least I could drink the OJ and feel better. Fine. Drank 24 ounces of OJ. Feel sick to my stomach.

Can't wait for Day 3.

Can we say OH MY GOD?!

It's so hard to be me. Honestly. No wonder I am always tired. It's so hard to be in my head.

Hope this made you laugh.

6 comments:

EvelAlida said...

LOL Woman, mission accomplished, it DID make me laugh you nutjob!!

Although, sadly, I have to be truthful and tell you that to some degree I completely resonate with what happened to you. It seems that on any given day, there are these shifty slices of cheesecake that JUMP into my mouth. It really is so incredibly upsetting Emily, so upsetting, but these suckas just LEAP out of nowhere and BAM, down the hatch they go. I don't even see 'em coming I tell you. And frankly, sometimes the only way for me to even know that a slice snuck by me is by the fact that my ass seems to be growing at a frightening rate, as if the cheesake is saying "Oh yes, I have been here folks, take a long hard look at the chaos I am creating"

Oh the suffering we go through yes? I am such a sexy beast, truly.........
Alida

Kristie said...

You're not crazy.... (at least not about the pill) I can't tell you how many mornings after taking my medicine, I stand there looking at the pill bottle wondering if I took one or not. Damn pills mess with your head :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you write, you make me laugh and you also make me cry I didn't know you were like this you are a just the BEST.
Best wishes Zia Tonia

Anonymous said...

Freaking out!!!!!: ) Natures way of keeping us on our toe's. Jarrod freaked out in the swimming pool in the hotel at Niagara. Tried to take a deep breath and took in too much water, the cough, cough, gag, B*A*R*F!!! The funny parts about it, hum, at its deepest point the pool was only 4' so Jarrod could has just stood up. Oh, and he just had peanutbutter crackers, yum. And he had made it to the side of the pool and in lieu of his panic, could see that he could have chucked those crackers on the deck of the pool rather than in the water. Needless to say we did our swimming in the indoor pool for the rest of the week.

Em, hope you got a laugh, and thanks for the Birthday wish, your so sweet.

Jerry

snowoman said...

Hi E,
Thanks for the laugh, now I know I'm not the only nutbar around! :)
Pills are tricky little buggers, capable of all sorts of tricks.
It was so good to see you the other day. Your hair looks great short, much cooler for the summer.
and if you don't like it, it will grow. Make those pills behave themselves! Love ya, Jo

Anonymous said...

hi emily and tom i hope your enjoying your weekend together i just wanted to say hi and wish you both a happy 4th of july. Oriano