I have a new pain in the ass this morning! :)~
Sorry I didn't write yesterday, by the time I got home, I was too tired to do anything except sleep.
The whole Brigham & Women's, Children's and Dana Farber complex is like one big city, they are all connected by walkways, the places are HUGE!
We got to B&W and I had to get a blue hospital card...I'm starting a collection of hospital cards! When we go to the CT area, I got led into what looked like a day surgery area, beds were lined up and I had a nice johnny and a wonderful (not!) pair of socks waiting for me. Once I changed, the nurse came over to start an IV. Let me tell you, that was probably the worst part of this whole thing. She tried my left hand, blew the vein out on that side. Meanwhile, I'm in PAIN, and all she says is that I'm a very facially expressive person. Uh, you are HURTING me! Of course I'm going to make faces, if I don't make faces, I may have to just PUNCH you in the head!!! Then she tried my right hand, butchered that, but finally got the catether in. Blood's everywhere. "Oh, it bleeds wonderfully once we got it in there." Yeah, great, get the hell away from me and let me clean up YOUR mess!
The radiologist who was performing this procedure came to talk to us, I swear, he must've only been about 21 years old!! Ok, so maybe not 21, but he was Y-O-U-N-G!
They wheeled me into a very cold room and I had to lay on my stomach. They put a grid on my butt and had to get some pictures first, to line it up with the grid. Once they got the right spot, they marked it on my skin and removed the grid. Here I am, ass up, my crack exposed to everyone in the room! I wanted to tell them all to kiss it, but they are there to help me after all! :)
They numbed up the area as best they could, and the numbing medicine hurt like a son-of-a-bitch, but once it was numb, it was fine, sort of. They were also giving me pain meds and light sedation medicine through the IV. I forget the name of the meds, but I was feeling pretty good there. I did feel them taking the samples, but all in all, it wasn't as bad as I had feared. They took 5 core samples in all, but the nice meds they gave me made me feel happy.
They made me hang around for about 1/2 hour and then discharged me. Walking was a bitch, you'd think they would give me a wheelchair. I rode in the passenger seat on my right side, my left ass cheek facing Thom. Heehee. Stopped in to see my parents on the way home. Mom had a nice dinner waiting, so we ate well, which made me happy. We got home, it must've been about 9:30pm, and I went straight to bed.
I am much sorer today. The injection sites where they numbed me up hurts the most, but other than being sore, I am doing fine.
We will not have the results for 3-5 days, so as soon as I know, I will let you know!
I do have to take this time to wish my friend Jerry a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It was yesterday, I'm sorry I missed it!! But you are now on my calendar, my friend, so it will not be missed again!! Hope your day was wonderful!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
hey emily. great blog made me laugh. I can relate to what your saying coz my "ex" was diagnosed with lieukemia three years ago and we spent quite a bit of time in the chemo ward. He is doing great. Keep going and keep blogging.
Not only did you steal my heart you take my best lines.
Emily and Thom. I wish the best for both of you. Stay strong.
I have to say you are the funniest person....I think you really should document everything and publish a book on your experiences. Your book would sell!!!!! People could read, laugh, cry, and finally understand what it is really like to go the hospital - never easy - modesty is gone and asses up baby!
Love ya,
Debbie
Hi emily and tom just wanted to wish you both a good day and say hi. Oriano
Thom I am pulling for you to regain your position. You have more staying power than a couple hypo needles.
John
Post a Comment