On May 17-18, I’ll spend the weekend walking, along with thousands of other people, in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I will walk the distance of a marathon (26.2 miles) on the first day, and a half marathon on the second day. I will also raise at least $1,800 in donations to the cause. I’ll have to spend the next few months training, fundraising, and preparing for the event. It’s one of the biggest challenges I’ve ever taken on, but I’m very excited about doing it because I know it will make a real difference to the millions of people affected by breast cancer. I lost my mother-in-law, and have had several friends and relatives beat it. I also have friends who are fighting it now. I am sure that most of you have had someone close to you diagnosed.
Coral has been fundraising and training for this event for the past 8 months. We created a poster together that is displayed in the cafeteria at work.
I am once again asking for your help. Please help Coral reach her $1,800 goal. She is 72% of the way there! She will still be able to take donations after the walk. Please go to her website and help if you can:
http://tinyurl.com/37q3rn
You can copy and past the address in your browser window, for some reason, the program isn't creating a link, so you will have to do it manually. Sorry!
Many many thanks to all of you who have already contributed! You DO make a difference!!!!
I might as well give you an update while I'm here. I've been having some hip pain for the past week or so, but Advil keeps it at bay.
My brother-in-law is now in Dubai. He's a pilot and got a job flying some hoity-toity people around and he moved to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. He landed at the airport around midnight and he told us that the temperature was 102 degrees...at midnight!! He said the earth caught on fire after that! I don't care if it's dry heat, moist heat or whatever, that's friggin hot! He's the color of mayonnaise, so he needs to wear sunscreen with like an SPF of 135! LOL

1 comment:
The color of mayonaise? I think I would prefer to be the color of Miracle Whhip or Cool Whhip, thank you very much!! More blogging, less walking around.
Post a Comment