Sunday, March 6, 2011

48 hours

It's been 48 hours since the surgery, so I was able to remove the bandages.  Steri-strips are all that cover the 2 small incisions.  There's been a dull soreness, but no pain.

The thing that is concerning me is that I now have a fever (101.6). I've had a low grade fever since I got home.  Thom said it was too fast for an infection, and the site looks fine.  Is it one of those mysterious fevers again?   No one can figure out the cause, and it's very frustrating.  It puts my already compromised immune system under more stress.  How can my body fully fight this disease if all this other shit keeps making it weaker?  It scares me.

I've only been able to stand or sit upright for a short period of time before I start getting nauseous.  I'm lucky that I'm working from home tomorrow.  Gives me one more day to rest.

Meeting Jenn  and Stacy at the McDonald's in Spencer for lunch.  I'm so glad they're coming out this way.

I opened the windows in the bedroom to get some fresh air in, boy did it smell great!  I can't wait for winter to leave.  This has been the longest year of my life.

Do you think the fungus on my left toe is contributing to the fevers?  I'm trying to think of things.  Do I have a tooth infection that's just brimming?  WHAT IS CAUSING THESE FEVERS?!?!

No comments: