Today is surgery day. We have to be at the Brigham by 6am. ?!?! The surgery takes about 1.5 hours, recovery about 45 minutes. Chemo is scheduled at 10am. They are going to put the port into the subclavian vein, between my collar bone and my breast. They are only going to sedate me so that they can still talk to me. Wonder what I'll say! Get the recorder ready! Youtube alert! I can expect to be sore of course. And I'm a little bit nervous, but I'm in good, capable hands.
I'm still a bit skeeved out by the whole thing, but this better for me in the long run. Shudder.
Heard from Lizz that they will be unable to fly here in June because airline tickets have skyrocketed. They can't afford it. I was so looking forward to seeing them again. Of course my mom's flying there for a week. I can't go because I am going to Texas in May for Jim & Michelle's wedding. I can't take another week off. I'm bumming. Logan has changed so much since I last saw him, and Brianna is turning into such a beautiful girl, not that she wasn't always beautiful.
Last night I went out shopping with Libby and then we met Bri and Melissa for dinner at Plaza Azteca, my new favorite Mexican restaurant. We had a great time! There was a live Mariachi band, and I told them it was my birthday. They serenaded me with both the English and Spanish version of "Happy Birthday", plus a couple of other songs. I loved it! Always wanted to hear a Mariachi band! It was pretty cool! Melissa tipped them because the rest of us didn't have any cash.
AND I pulled yet another muscle or struck a nerve because somehow, I tweaked my back and it's killing me. It hurt to even lift my glass. Thom asked me what I did, and I told him that I, um, walked. WTF?! It's just one thing after another after another. I keep saying I have some bad juju going on, because so far, this year has been riddled with sickness, a fractured rib, infections, sciatica and pulled muscles. It's bordering on the insane and unbelievable. When can I catch a break? I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. But I must push forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment