Monday, March 7, 2011

First day of the new chemo regime:  Navelbine.  It's a bolus injection that takes about 10 minutes to inject, but to prevent a flare up in my upper arm (I'm told hurts), I will get injected with saline for about 45 minutes.  Luckily, I got my usual nurse Jade in here for the first time, so the nervousness is decreased because I trust her.  If this hurts a lot, we'll be considering a port.

The new setup at the Yawkey center is nice.  The chairs have heat and massage, flat screen TVs, and floor to ceiling windows, giving this place a much brighter feel to it.  I like this new setup.

I had dinner plans with my high school gals, but we needed to reschedule due to Christine having the norovirus, and she didn't want to give it to me.  So we rescheduled for the spring when everyone will hopefully be healthier.  I'm touched she was thinking of me.  Not many people would.  And I really don't need any more sickness, thank you.

No comments: